Why Buy Thursday Pools
As the industry’s only ISO 9001 certified fiberglass pool manufacturer they set the standard in fiberglass pool construction.
The quality is based on systems, and we have developed multiple methods to insure the quality of our masterpiece pools. We have strict systems, which control each step of the build process from incoming raw materials, equipment set-up, material application, loading and shipping. As with any system, we are striving for continuous improvement because it’s part of our company culture and a key requirement for ISO 9001:2015 certified companies.
The benefits of our ISO 9001 include:
- An established set of operating requirements in product design and development, production and customer service. This finds missing links or processes needed to meet an established international standard.
- Increases customer satisfaction by uncovering areas in which final product quality can be improved.
- Improves customer service by increased awareness of quality issues among employees and implementing strong corrective actions.
- Engagement of employees by getting them involved in improvement activities.
- Holds suppliers to a high standard of service and quality.
Highly Trained Team
Each team member has been mentored and trained in the proper techniques to build a pool with the highest quality results. Integrity, honesty, and mutual respect guide the team every day.
Our inground fiberglass swimming pools are designed using the latest computer technology and time-proven specifications and techniques. We comply with the AMSI/NSPI-5 pool design requirements.
Precision Built Pool Molds
Our molds are constructed using steel versus wood supporting structures, which provides the highest structural integrity of the mold. Laser alignment and measurements are utilized throughout the construction of each mold, guaranteeing accuracy. This is the backbone for producing a pool that has dimensional integrity every time.
Highest Quality Raw Materials
Thursday Pools are fiberglass pool manufacturers that use the very best raw materials. Our gel coats, resins, fiberglass and structural cores are from the best suppliers in the industry. Thursday Pools Design and Quality departments have tested and approved each supplier because of the excellent materials, not because of low cost.
- We utilize laser alignment equipment in mold construction.
- Infrared thermo imaging is used to measure the exothermic reaction of each layer of resin/fiberglass applied.
- Ultrasonic measurement is used to measure the thickness of each pool produced in 20 locations.
- Load cell is used to measure the weight of each pool produced.
Our inground fiberglass pool shells are constructed of the highest quality materials.
ISO 14001:2015 Certified: Environmentally-friendly pool construction
At Thursday Pools, we care about our community, both inside and outside of our manufacturing facility. For that reason, we have joined a select group of elite manufacturers who voluntarily make a commitment to minimize how their operation negatively affects the environment. As part of the ISO 14001:2015 standards, we have agreed to implement and continue an effective Environmental Management System. This includes constantly reviewing and measuring the organization’s current and future processes for environmental impact, proactively reducing our environmental footprint, and creating a safer and healthier work environment for our employees.
Thursday Pools actively promotes the most efficient use of all natural resources and employs the manufacturing processes and systems to provide the smallest environmental footprint possible.
Purchasing the Best Raw Materials
We utilize the best raw materials that reduce our environmental footprint. Our latest achievement has been partnering with Owens Corning and implementing the Advantex® E-CR glass. This is fiberglass that is produced in North America and is Boron-free. Advantex® uses less energy to manufacture and ship.
Inground Fiberglass Swimming Pool Shells
By purchasing a one-piece fiberglass pool, you have a smaller environmental footprint than vinyl liner or gunite pools.
- No vinyl liners in landfills.
- No acid washing or resurfacing necessary as with gunite pools.
- Fewer chemicals used to maintain pool water chemistry.
Title V Air Permit
Thursday Pools works with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) to maintain a Title V air permit that minimizes the environmental exposure by the following:
- The use of all Low HAP (Hazardous Air Pollutants) for all of the gel coats and resins.
- The use of all Low VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) for all of our release agents and solvents used in the manufacturing process.
- Control equipment to eliminate the generation of all PM (Particulate Matter).
Minimal Waste Program
Thursday Pools employees implement practices in the manufacturing process to minimize the generation of PM and VOC’s by using the state-of-the-art equipment and procedures.
- All resin spray equipment is non-atomizing.
- Low pressure on all equipment pumps.
- HVLP (High Volume Low Pressure) spray guns are used for all solvents and release agents.
Thursday Pools fiberglass pool manufacturers have created and implemented a company-wide program. This program includes all production waste up to and including light bulbs and batteries.