Building a swimming pool is a big project, but it can be a very rewarding one. If you’re thinking about building a pool, here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started that the swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools, Inc in Champaign, Illinois have put together. We have 8 steps for your 2023 pool construction project that gives you a jumping-in point on what you need to do, when and what goes into pool construction.
Choose your pool contractor with care and he or she will walk you through these steps, and more to help ensure you get the pool of your dreams. Once you have your pool, you and your family will have a staycation hot spot that will be with you for decades to come!
8 Steps For Your 2023 Pool Construction Project
Make note of these steps and be prepared for more decisions that will need to be made throughout the project.
- Set your budget. Before you go swimming pool shopping, it’s important for you to know what you can spend on the pool construction. You will also want to budget for increases in utility costs once the pool has been constructed. Let us know what your pool construction budget is. We can give you an estimate of what your unique pool may cost in increased utility bills.
- Choose the right location. One of the first steps, once you’ve set your budget is to decide where you want the pool located. Remember, your pool will be with you for decades so don’t make this decision lightly.
- Decide the construction material. Fiberglass, gunite or vinyl liner pools all have advantages and disadvantages and they range from price, to how long it will take to have the pool constructed and how long your pool will last.
- The first step is to choose the right location for your pool. You’ll need to consider the size of your yard, the sun exposure, and the proximity to trees and other structures.
- Design your pool. This is one of the fun parts! Deciding the shape and size and what features you want in your swimming pool. You will also be deciding placement of the ladder, whether you’ll have a beach entry, if you want a built in hot tub, or a deep end. Enjoy the process.
- Following these decisions, comes the task of obtaining construction permits. After those are received, your pool contractor will begin site excavation and then the pool shell will be set in if you’re choosing a fiberglass pool or the laying of rebar and spraying in of cement if you opt for a gunite pool.
- Plumbing and electrical will be run. This will run the pool pump, filter and heater. You may also want to install in=pool lighting and this will be done during this phase of construction.
- What kind of accessories or amenities will you want for your pool? A deck? A pool house? An outdoor living space? An outdoor kitchen? There is a myriad of items you can choose to enhance the fun and relaxation you have around your pool once the construction is complete.
After the pool has been constructed, filled and the water chemistry balanced it’s time to jump in and enjoy! Keep in mind that your pool will need to be serviced and maintained regularly and we can take on that task for you so when you have free time you can spend it in the pool, not cleaning it!