Is swimming a good idea if you’re pregnant? It is certainly something you want to ask your doctor. Should you swim if you’re pregnant is a question that has as many answers as there are people who swim. The swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools, Inc. in Decatur, Illinois do know that they’ve heard from pregnant families how much swimming helped keep them in shape and how relaxing it was.
Many doctors realize that if the pregnant woman is active, her labor and delivery might be easier, she may maintain her weight and women just say they are happier because they feel healthier.
Should you swim if you’re pregnant
Here are some reasons that swimming could be beneficial.
- It may help ease nausea
- If you live where it’s overly hot, a dip in the pool will help you cool off.
- Pregnancy weight puts a lot of pressure on your lower back and knees and when you’re swimming you are buoyant and that alleviates that stress.
- Swimming is great cardio and gets your blood pumping and that helps with circulation and the baby benefits.
- Swimming strenghtens your core and that can help with labor
- Swimming is relaxing and can alleviate your anxiety and stress and that is always better for your mental health – to be relaxed
- Swimming just might help you sleep better
Don’t start any exercise program without talking with your doctor. You will also need to make certain your pool water is as clean as possible. Give us a call and let us ensure that happens.