Should you get a swim spa? Before you can answer that question with any certainty, the swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools serving Champaign & Decatur, IL pool builders explain what a swim spa is and why you just might want one.
What is it?
Before we get there, you know that any kind of swimming pool or hot tub is a relaxing, healthful spot in your backyard. This structure is an ideal way to have a staycation right out the back door, too.
When you swim you:
- get a great cardiovascular workout
- increase lung capacity
- can exercise without pain or stress on bones and joint
Should you get a swim spa?
We have a breakdown of what it is, why you might (or might not) want one and how to make an informed decision no matter which way you go. As with any pool project you want to put together your budget and then talk with us. Your budget helps determine the size, shape, accessories, features and other aspects of the pool project.
The benefits include:
- They don’t take up as much yard space as a traditional pool. If you have a small yard or don’t want to devote the entire yard to a pool, this might be the best option.
- Swim spas can incorporate jets and that makes it feel as though you’re swimming against a current and that amps up the effectiveness of your workout.
- The jets also give you the massaging feeling of being in a hot tub.
- A swim spa provides you an ideal location right at home in which to exercise and relax
- You can host a pool party in your swim spa
Swim spas are self-contained structures (like a hot tub) and can be installed either indoors or outdoors. One of the many benefits that swim spa owners tout is the workout aspect of swimming against the current of the jets.
Is a swim spa a viable option for your family? Talk with us and let’s discuss all the pros and cons so you can make an informed decision.