Are swimming pools only able to be owned by people who have large, spacious yards? Is our yard large enough for a swimming pool? It’s a question you may be asking yourself and it’s a question the swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools, the best pool builders in Champaign, Illinois get asked quite regularly during intial meetings with potential swimming pool owners.
Honestly, no matter the size of your yard you can have a swimming pool. You will discuss with us:
- What you want in your pool and how large you want it
- How much yard space you’re wlling to devote to it
- How much yard space you’re willing to give up to accommodate it.
If owning a swimming pool has always been a dream and if having an area in the yard for the children to play and to watch grass grow, you may need to scale back the size of your pool, but you can still have one!
Is our yard large enough for a swimming pool?
Yard space in many areas of the country is at a premium. They are getting to be postage stamp size, but that doesn’t mean you need to give up on your dream of pool ownership. You can have a pool even in a smallish yard. A lap pool or a splash pool may fill the bill on having a pool AND keeping green space in your yard.
- A lap pool is just want it sounds like — a long “lap” sized swimming pool.
- A splash pool is a small, round pool that mimicks the look of a fish pond. It doesn’t take up much space and is ideal for a quick soak.
- A hot tub or spa
Constructing the pool close to the house will help alleviate some space issues and will leave yard space on the opposite side of the pool.
Large yard considerations
Even if you have a large yard you still need to decide:
- How much of a focal point do you want the pool
- How much landscaping do you want around the pool, whether you want the pool to be in a secluded area of the yard or if you want it to take up the entire yard and leave you with little grassy space
When you have a large yard you have the space to be more creative with the swimming pool design and layout, but you still need to keep yard functionality in mind no matter what size your yard is.
Ask us for a birds-eye view design of the yard if a pool was constructed. This is especially important for small yard owners so you get an idea of what the yard will look like with a pool in it.
You can have the pool of your dreams — you just need to dream within the size of the available yard space!