It’s too hot to cook indoors. It’s too troublesome to order take out. You just don’t want to leave your poolside space. Is it time for an outdoor kitchen? If you don’t want to cook in the house or leave the poolside fun and party, an outdoor kitchen just might be what you want, and need, right now.
You probably have an outdoor barbecue or a gas grill and it can be incorporated into your outdoor kitchen project. Do you have space for an outdoor kitchen? What is your budget for this project?
For the family who loves to be out-of-doors, an outdoor kitchen truly lets you move your indoor living to the outdoors — as a matter of fact, you may not need to go indoors at all!
Is it time for an outdoor kitchen?
What should you think about before you give your swimming pool contractor from Imperial Pools in Champaign, Illinois a call. Here are a couple to get you started:
- What’s the budget
- What do you want to see in your ideal outdoor kitchen
- Where will you put the kitchen
- Will you need to have any kind of structure built to protect the kitchen
- What is the traffic flow going to look like once the kitchen is constructed
Keep in mind you will need to have a concrete slab poured to accommodate your new kitchen and the design of that is also something to consider. Just concrete? Paver stones?
Here are options for inclusion in your outdoor kitchen
- Cooktop, burners, barbecue grill, pizza oven
- Invest in weather-resistant cupboards, appliances and other equipment
- Invest in additional cookware, silverware, flatware and drinking glasses so you don’t have to bring these items to and from the house
- A grill equipped with gas and charcoal capabilities
- A deep fryer or turkey fryer
- A place for seating
- Wine cooler and/or refrigerator
Put your budget together then give us a call so we can help you put a price tag to your outdoor kitchen dreams. If the kitchen is designed and you work on specific areas of construction and leave others for a later time, you can still bring your vision to life over the course of a few years.
Now that you’re getting an outdoor kitchen, it’s time for a poolhouse with showers and when you get that you may never go indoors again!