Champaign, Illinois pool contractors from Imperial Pools answer the question, quite regularly from customers, “how much will swimming pool service cost?” This is a question that needs to be answered, but the answer isn’t as simple as tossing out a price. It would be like asking, “what does it cost to build a swimming pool” or “how much does a truck cost.” There are many variables that need to be taken into consideration.
When you’re on the verge of becoming a pool owner and are in the midst of a construction project you need to think about:
- What will my monthly utility bills be when the pool is open?
- How much will my repayment for the pool itself cost?
- What will it cost for ongoing pool service and maintenance?
When you work with a pool contractor who also offers service and maintenance contracts, ask him how much it will cost for the service for your pool. Since he constructed it, he can give you a good estimate. If your pool contractor doesn’t provide pool service, ask him for a couple recommendations and then ask those potential contractors to come out and give you an estimate for ongoing service and maintenance.
How much will swimming pool service cost?
Here are some of the variables that go into determining the cost of pool service and maintenance
- The size of the pool
- The depth of the pool (does it have a deep end)
- The quality of the pool equipment
- The shape of the pool
- How often the pool is used
- The construction material of the pool
- How diligent are you in using a pool cover
- Will you perform any maintenance between service visits?
- How many people will use the pool
- Will you let the family dog swim in the pool
If you’d like to try your hand at swimming pool maintenance ask us for a lesson on pool water chemistry testing and how to read the test numbers and what chemicals are needed. Some pool owners find it costs them less money (it certainly costs them less time) to work with a pool contractor for the pool maintenance. Ask for an estimate then make your own decision.