If you’ve closed your swimming pool, chances are you are looking in the backyard with longing and wondering how to enjoy your patio this fall. If you have a hot tub, you know you can extend the water fun and relaxation you have with your family, but have you looked at making upgrades and updates to your patio to enhance the fun and time you spend poolside even if you’re not swimming? The pool contractors from Imperial Pools in Champaign, Illinois have some ideas for you to consider.
Enjoy your pool patio this fall
- Update the outdoor living area to reflect your family’s taste. Do you like retro? Parisian? Family-friendly? Whatever your taste, decorate the patio area to match your family’s unique style and taste.
- Invest in a “statement” piece whether that’s a statue, piece of furniture or other item such as a fire pit or water/fire feature. Arrange your living area to highlight your statement piece.
- If you have a small patio area that doesn’t mean you can’t have a “wow!” factor to it. Take time to decide how you want to decorate then invest in outdoor friendly items that offer you comfort and make the best use of your space.
- Do you have a yard with a view? Perhaps that will be your “statement” piece. If that’s the case, arrange the seating and your other outdoor upgrades to make advantage of the view your yard offers. If Mother Nature has provided you this view — flaunt it!
- Do you want a secluded outdoor area that will allow you to escape into the backyard and feel you’re being transported to another location entirely? If a secluded grotto is your desire, work with your pool contractor to make it a reality. Utilize natural landscaping and natural furnishings to enhance the secluded experience.
- Do you want to kick back and feel like you’re lounging in your living room — but you’re doing it out of doors? If that’s the case, go for overstuffed furnishings and you may even want to install an entertainment system (in weather proof materials of course). Invest in a gazebo or pergola to create a defined space that will shelter you from the weather while allowing you to enjoy nature.
- If you have a large enough back yard, why not have more than one outdoor living space? One could surround the pool, another could be in a secluded area of the yard. Make the best use of your space and you will find you spend more time out of doors, even when the temperatures dip.
- Don’t forget to include greenery. You’re outside, you want to remember that even if you’re moving your indoor living to the outdoor space. Invest in potted plants, greenery to climb the walls of your pergola and fragrant flowers.
Are you unwilling to give up your family outdoor time just because the pool is closed for the season? If that’s the case, give us a call and let’s revamp your outdoor living area.