It’s a question you never want to ask. “Could the pool be leaking?” If it is, you definitely want to give the pool contractors from Imperial Pools, Inc in Champaign, Illinois a call. A leaking pool is something that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later.
A pool leak isn’t just about losing water, a pool leak can:
- Damage the integrity of the pool
- Collapse the area in which the pool sits
- Damage plumbing and electrical
- Cost you money in water loss as well as chemical loss
- Could cause a fiberglass pool to “float” if there is too much water
- Can go from a tiny trickle to a large issue
Are your eyes playing tricks on you? Are the kids really splashing out that much water? Has it been that hot that the water levels are going down that quickly? If you’re questioning it, you will want to give us a call and schedule an inspection. If you notice standing water where there wasn’t before and shouldn’t be give us a call. Better safe than sorry when there is a leak.
Don’t let a leak go unchecked even through the winter season or you could be looking at substantial repairs come summer.
Could the pool be leaking?
You can perform the “bucket test” before you call us if you want. Here is how to do that:
- Take a bucket
- Fill it halfway with water
- Mark with a pen where the waterline is on the inside and then on the outside where the water comes up to it when yo put it on the steps
- Turn off the pool pump
- Keep swimmers out of the water
- Check the water levels. They should go down at the same rate if it’s evaporation, if the line on the outside of the bucket is substantially lower, it’s probably a leak
If the water levels are similar, you are probably looking at evaporation or splash-out as the culprit. If the level in the pool is vastly different, you contact us so we can perform a leak check.