Building material. Location, location, location. Size. There are so many things to think about when you’re talking with the swimming pool builders from Imperial Pools, Inc. in Decatur Illinois. In addition to choosing the accessories and outdoor living space design you also have 5 swimming pool shapes to consider.
Depending on the shape and size of your yard and the type of construction material you choose you may be a bit limited in the pool design, but we wanted to give you information to help you decide — on at least one of the five!
5 swimming pool shapes to consider
Know that if you’re going to choose concrete for your pool construction material you will have more shape options (concrete is more costly, though but has many benefits) Here are shape descriptions:
- Grecian/Roman-shaped basically a rectangle but with a semi-circle at the ends or a Grecian-style truncated edge. This style is beautiful and understated.
- Kidney-shaped looks like a kidney bean. A kidney-shaped pool can accentuate a curvy yard.
- A Lazy L or a true L-shape design and yes, they look like the letter L. They do take up a lot of yard space, but if you have the space then why not!
- The oval pool is classic, understated and elegant.
- The traditional rectangle swimming pools has stood the test of time and for good reason. They are the most cost-effective.
There are many other shapes from which to choose and any of the above-mentioned designs can be made unique to your particular wants, needs and tastes.
Remember, your budget may be one of the deciding factors in the pool shape, but you do want to get a pool shape you will love for a lifetime! Give us a call and let’s talk about the pool shape and pool project of your dreams!