Why should you get a vinyl liner pool? It’s a question the swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pool Builders get asked all the time. The building material of your pool is something you need to decide upon when you are talking with a pool contractor. It is, in fact, one of the many decisions you will need to make.
There are three materials from which to choose for your swimming pool project:
- Gunite aka concrete – the most expensive, most durable and most flexible in design
- Fiberglass — mid-range, quickest to have installed, somewhat limited on design
- Vinyl liner — lowest cost, least durable (but with care can last for a decade) somewhat limited on design
Research and talk with your pool contractor about the pros and cons of each style pool construction material and then you can make an informed decision.
Why should you get a vinyl liner pool
- It’s a great choice because of the colors, patterns and styles from which to choose. Your pool liner shows your unique flair.
- Caring for your pool liner properly means the liner will last and be beautiful for close to a decade. Vinyl liner pools are more prone to discoloration than other construction materials.
- Keep sharp objects like toys, earrings, jewelry and shoes out of the vinyl liner pool to avoid rips and tears. If you have a dog who wants to swim with you, make certain you put up a ramp so he can get into and out of the pool there and you won’t run the risk of his nails digging the pool liner.
- If the pool liner rips — depending on how large it is and where it is (a rip on a seam is difficult to repair) your pool contractor may be able to fix it without having to drain the pool water.
- Be diligent in the use of a pool cover as this will protect the part of the liner that wraps around the top of the pool. The cover will protect the edge from sun damage as well as chemical damage.
A vinyl liner pool is an option that is beautiful and a pool style that your family will love for decades.