Champaign, Illinois pool contractors answer What does pool service cost?
We always urge new swimming pool owners to budget for pool maintenance and upkeep as well as increases to their home utility bills when they are putting together a plan for a swimming pool project. What does pool service cost is a question we are asked quite regularly and it is one that isn’t a one size fits all answer.
A swimming pool is a delightful addition to your home and is a great way to spend time with friends and family having fun and is a great space in which to exercise and get or stay in shape. Pools do have high price tags and that price tag does including the cost for pool service. While you can certainly clean and service and maintain your own swimming pool many pool owners find they spend more money on chemicals than they would have spent working with a pool contractor. Additionally, they also need to find a place to store all of the chemicals and take the time to clean the pool and keep it free of dirt and debris.
The swimming pool contractors form Imperial Pools, Inc. explain that every pool and every family who uses a pool and the way they use it is unique and that makes it difficult to give a specific answer to how much pool service costs.
What does pool service cost?
Here are items a pool service contractor will take into consideration when coming to your home and offering you insight and an estimate on pool service.
- Its size is a factor. The bigger the pool, the more it will typically cost to maintain.
- The shape of the pool can also be a factor in the price.
- How often you use it. If you use it every day and have a lot of people in it, the water chemistry will get out of line more quickly and will cost more to clean and may need to be cleaned more often.
- The construction material will determine how much it will cost to clean. A vinyl liner pool is more prone to damage, a fiberglass pool is algae-resistant and a gunite pool will take longer to clean because of the roughness of the material.
- Do you use a cover?
- Are you willing to clean and skim debris between service visits?
- Do you have a family dog who will be swimming with you?
What factors figure into swimming pool upkeep costs? Here are a few:
- The types of chemicals uses and how experienced you are at adding and balancing them.
- The pool pump model and whether it’s a variable speed or single speed pump determines the amount spent on utilities. A variable speed pump is more energy efficient than a single speed and costs less to run than will older equipment.
- At some point, wear and tear will be evident and you will need to make a decision on a renovation project and that is something you may want to keep in the back of your mind and start socking money away for.
- How much time do you have or want to devote to the cleaning and maintenance of the pool? Some pool owners find their time is too precious to have to spend it cleaning the pool when they simply want to be in it, enjoying time with their family.
Ask us for advice on what it will cost to clean your pool and to give you a breakdown of the various costs and time involved.