Imperial Pool Builders from Decatur, Illinois explain why you should use a swimming pool cover
The budget for your swimming pool project should include a swimming pool cover. The pool contractors from Imperial Pool Builders explain that pool covers should be considered a must-have and a part of your pool budget from the beginning. A pool cover, for your swimming pool and your hot tub perform triple duty:
- They keep the pool free of leaves and debris
- Help pool retain heat
- Are an additional layer of protection to prevent animals or children from falling in
Use a swimming pool cover
A swimming pool consumes a lot of energy and adds to your utility bills and using a pool cover can help save you money and energy. Water is lost from your pool in many ways, but the largest loss is through evaporation; a cover slows evaporation. If you heat your pool water and don’t use a pool cover you lose both heat and water.
Pool cover types:
- Low tech large, thick plastic sheet. It’s not the best option because it’s not easy to put on, take off or store. In a pinch you could use one but for the long term, it’s not the best choice.
- Solar covers which are easy to put on and take off and help trap the heat from the sun. They don’t provide a safety layer
- Safety covers are ideal for keeping children and pets from falling in.
Purchase your cover from us after you understand the type of cover that is best suited for your family and your pool usage.
Use a swimming pool cover whenever your pool is not in use. If you find it troublesome to remove the cover, ask us about the installation of an electric cover.
No matter which style you ultimately choose you will save money and could potentially be adding an additional layer of protection.