If you and your family want a swimming pool, but aren’t sure if you’re going to be living in your current house “forever” or if you aren’t sure if you’re ready for the cost and permanence of an inground pool, should you get an above ground pool? The swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools in Decatur, Illinois say that sometimes this style is right fit for you and your family.
Here are some reasons to choose this style pool:
- You don’t have the budget for an inground pool
- You aren’t certain if the home you’re in is your forever home
- You may not be at your current location for a lot of years
- You consider this pool a test drive for an inground pool (this may not be the case, ask us_
- You don’t want to devote the entire yard to the pool — if that’s the case, an inground lap pool might be right for you
- You may be moving and want a pool that might be able to move with you.
Not every pool contractor will want to work with you on this type project, but if you feel you need assistance, do your research. In some cases, an above ground pool project is one a DIYer and his or her friends can construct in a weekend.
Should you get an above ground pool?
Consider this when thinking about an above ground pool:
- don’t forget to consider the decking and outdoor living space as part of the project and part of your budget process
- Look at a hybrid above ground pool — a mix of resin and steel. Hybrids provide advantages of both materials and make the pool more durable.
- You still need to look into pool fencing and other safety measures
Look for an above ground pool that fits your budget, but don’t skimp on energy efficient equipment. Also, don’t forget to contact a local swimming pool service contractor and ask how much he or she will charge for ongoing swimming pool service and maintenance. Call us to see if an above ground or in ground pool is best for your family.