Imperial Pool Builders, working in Decatur & Champaign, IL sexplain what a pool house is
When you had your swimming pool constructed, chances are you didn’t give much thought to how much time you’d spend poolside as compared to how much time you’d spend in the water. If you’ve ever wondered, what is a pool house? Should you get one? The swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pool Bulders offer information and insight on what a pool house is and why you might want one.
What is a pool house?
A pool house can be either an open air style or a pool house that is well-equipped enough that you could sleep in it, entertain guests, shower and do laundry. You will want to decide whether your pool house will be mainly functional or if it will be additional living space.
- Check with your local zoning official on the requirements for this new structure and whether it can be used as additional living space.
- If you want to truly move your summer living to the out of doors, consider adding a kitchen inside the pool house or adjacent to it.
- If your pool house will be more functional than living space you still might want to consider having a bathroom — this will keep wet kids and guests from running in and out of the house!
- A washer and dryer are ideal accessories for a pool house as it offers you a space to do laundry of pool related items but still be part of the outside fun.
- Know what your budget is for the pool house project before you meet with a pool contractor.
- Decide how you want to use the pool house before you talk with a pool contractor.
The pool house can be adjacent to the pool itself or it can be tucked into a corner of your yard. Know where you want to place the pool house, the layout of the yard and how much space you want to give up in the yard for the pool house.