Champaign & Decatur, IL pool contractors offer safety tips for your July 4 swimming pool party
July 4 is right around the corner and for many swimming pool owners it is the best and biggest swimming pool party that they throw! If you’re in that camp, you will want to work with your swimming pool contractor from Imperial Pools, Inc. to make sure your pool is on a schedule to have it cleaned prior and right after the party is over. Having a pool full can easily get your pool chemicals out of line and it’s best to have it addressed, tested and balanced as soon as the party is over as possible.
Your swimming pool contractors understand that July 4 is a time when your pool will see the biggest influx of swimmers and as such you need to have some safety measures in place. Here are some safety tips to embrace for your July 4 swimming pool party:
- The family rules of the pool need to be enforced and everyone who is using the pool needs to understand them. The could include: no using the diving board if there are too many people in the water, no swimming if you’ve been drinking adult beverages, no cannonballs, no running on the deck and no glass around the pool.
- Provide a variety of waterproof sunblock options for your guests.
- Someone at the party should know CPR. Have lifejackets and an extending pole poolside in case there is an emergency.
- There should be a designated adult or two to supervise the children and everyone else in the pool.
- Keep the grill out of the pathway. Make sure children aren’t running around next to the grill.
- Cook foods to the recommended temperatures as undercooked meat could sicken your guests. Also, keep foods that are supposed to be refrigerated cold.
- Have water available at all times so your guests don’t get dehydrated. Add slices of fruit or cucumbers to the water to provide a refreshing beverage.
- Don’t set off fireworks unless you’re in an area where it is legal. Keep children away from fireworks.
- Have a fire extinguisher and a bucket of water handy in the event of a fire.
Once the sun goes down, be prepared with outdoor LED lighting to cast a glow on the party. Light some citronella candles to keep the mosquitoes at bay and enjoy your party!