Imperial Pool Builders, serving Champaign, Illinois offer suggestions pool patio upgrades
When you had your swimming pool constructed and had put together the budget for the project, did you budget for the outdoor living space and pool patio? If you didnt’t and if you now want to add in an outdoor living space or patio or if you’re wondering, “is it time to upgrade the pool patio?” The swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pool Builders to plan the outdoor living space. If you’re like most pool owners, you concentrated your efforts and your budget on the pool — not the outdoor living space, but when you consider that you will spend as much time — probably more — pool side than in the pool, you can see the reason for having an upgraded pool patio.
It is time to upgrade the pool patio?
- What kind of trees or natural shade is around the pool? How will you escape the rays of the sun when you just want to relax poolside? You may want to plant trees, shrubs or add a gazebo or awning.
- Do you still like your swimming pool and patio furniture or is it time to upgrade to furniture that can withstand heat, sun, rain and swim suits with chlorine
- Add or upgrade lighting both in the pool and surrounding it.
- Add to the pool safety equipment including life jackets a first aid kit and flotation devices or upgrade the equipment you have to enhance the safety.
- Add a storage container for your pool toys and accessories.
- If your budget allows for it, add an outdoor kitchen with cupboards, a grill, regrigerator and even other items to help you move your indoor living to the out of doors for the summer.
- If you don’t have a pool deck, now is the time to add one!
- Depending on your budget, you may want to consider a pool house where swimmers can change into and out of their swimming suits. If it’s large enough, you may want to add a washer and dryer to the pool house.
Consider the ways in which you relax poolside and think about the items you will want to add to your pool patio to make that time even more enjoyable.