Hot tub care tips is information that pool builders in Champaign, Illinois from Imperial Pools talk about with their swimming pool and hot tub customers. Hot tub care is similar, but different from swimming pool care and maintenance. The main reason for the differences is that the heat of the water in a hot tub causes bacteria to grow more quickly than it may in your swimming pool.
If you’re geting a hot tub this season or if you have had a hot tub for many years, but are in need of a refresher for caring for the hot tub, the swimming pool and hot tub contractors from Imperial Pools are your best hot tub care resource.
What will a swimming pool or hot tub contractor do to care for your hot tub or spa?
Hot tub care tips
- Occasionally, the hot tub will need to be drained. Your hot tub service contractor will do that; ask if it’s part of the maintenance contract. It will need to be drained, thoroughly cleaned and refilled every three or four months, depending on how often it’s used.
- The water chemistry will be tested and balanced regularly.
- Correct pH is important in hot tub water as it makes the water more comfortable and makes your time in the hot tub a therapeutic experience.
- Cleaning the hot tub cover is important to prevent mold growth as that can drip into the water and cause bacteria to grow.
- The hot tub and its equipment will be regularly inspected to assure everything is operating at its highest efficiency.
- The jets will be checked and cleaned to assure they are still pushing out maximum water pressure.
Are you planning to care for and service your own hot tub? Do you want to call on our services to help keep your hot tub water clean and maintained and the water free of bacteria, give us a call.