The swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools in Champaign, Illinois offer tips for the best way to clean a pool for spring opening. Sure, it’s a bit early to think about opening your swimming pool just yet, but the time will be here before you know it. Here are our best tips for getting ready for the opening before it actually happens. This is information you can keep in your back pocket for when the time arrives.
The first and foremost thing that pool contractors want pool onwers to be prepared for is that the pool opening will probably not go as quickly as you’re hoping. For this reason plan your pool opening a week or two before you want to actually use the pool for the first time.
Best way to clean pool for spring opening
- Contact us and let’s talk about a date for the opening. If you call your pool contractor early in the season — in fact, before the season rolls around, you are more likely to get the opening date you’d hoped for.
- If you’re opening the pool yourself, you will want to purchase and have on hand all of the pool chemicals and cleaning items you will need prior to starting the process.
- Make sure all of the pool equipment and tools survived the winter and that they are in top operating condition for the pool opening.
Regardless of who opens your swimming pool for the season, there are some steps that are taken no matter who does it.
- Debris and standing water will be removed from the pool cover before the cover is taken off the pool.
- The pool will need to be refilled as it was likely partially drained for the winter.
- The pool walls and floor will need to be thoroughly brushed.
- Check the pool pump and filter and reassamble any components that were disassembled for the winter months.
- Test all of the systems to assure they’re in good working order.
- The pool will need to be vacuumed.
- The water will need to have the chemicals tested and chemicals will need to be added.
- Run the pool pump to circulate all of the chemicals — you will need to run the pump and filter for more than twenty four hours to circulate everything for the first time.
- After the water has circulated for more than 24 hours — test it again.
In the week leading up to the official swimming pool opening day test the water chemistry. Run the pump frequently and count down the days until you can jump in and kick off summer!