Inground swimming pools aren’t for everyone and there are a variety of reasons for that. What the swimming pool contractors from Imperial Pools, Inc. want to talk about today are 8 reasons to get an above ground pool. An above ground pool can be landscaped and have a deck and be as beautiful as an inground pool and comes with a lower price tag which may make it more attractive.
If you want a few things to think about on whether you should get an inground or an above ground pool, here are a few:
- You’re not sure how long you will be in the location you are now but you still want a pool
- You don’t have the budget for an inground pool
- Some people think of an above ground pool as a “test” for an inground pool. It may be an expensive test, but it is a lower cost than getting an inground pool and deciding you just don’t want the hassle of caring for a pool
- Yard space may be a consideration but an above ground pool could take up as much space as an inground one
- If you are going to move an above ground pool might be able to be taken with you if you move
- If you’re renting a house and want a pool you certainly don’t want to put money into an inground pool only to lose that money if you move!
Not every swimming pool contractor will want to install an above ground pool. Some DIYers find that if they gather a few friends they can get the above ground pool up in a weekend and that may be the route you want to take. Regardless of whether you put the pool up yourself or find a contractor who will do it, you still need to decide who will be responsible for the upkeep and maintenance. You? A pool service contractor?
8 reasons to get an above ground pool
Here are two more things to consider for your above ground project.
- Steel above ground pools are the most expensive but they are also better able to withstand any windstorms or other weather events.
- Look for a hybrid above ground. This a pool that is a mixture of a resin and a steel pool. It makes for a very durable pool. .
You certainly don’t want to get a swimming pool that will break the family budget and if that’s the case, an above ground pool may be just what you’re looking for! Don’t forget to invest in energy efficient equipment — it may cost more up front but you will reap the rewards in lower energy usage over the long run.